Friday, April 25, 2014

God is Always With You

Last August, I decided not to play volleyball(something that I have been doing for my whole life), so that I could focus on missions, school and track. I had been really disappointed all Summer that I was unable to attend any open gyms with the team. After the fact, I realized that my not being there was the opportunity the other girls needed to develop the needed skills to take over my position.

"And we know that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

In September, I got a concussion. Since just a few weeks ago I have been able to start competing, and getting back into life. Through this process, I have learned so much! One of the biggest things I have learned is that God is ALWAYS there, even when you can't see Him. There were so many times that I just wanted to give up. But God would put someone or something in my life to remind me not to. To remind me that I can be the person I know God has called me to be. To remind me that this is only a setback, and that I will get through, and be so much stronger than before.

God is always with you, working towards your better future. It's hard not to know what is happening. It's hard to feel like you will never be whole again. But when you hold onto the promises God has given you, you know that you will exceed any previous, or outside expectation that was thrust upon you.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" - Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:

Post a Comment