Monday, March 31, 2014

Bible Study - Acts 26

Read Acts 26

I love how much I can relate to Paul right now, and how God is using Paul's story to affect my life 2000 years later. Even though Paul has been locked up for the greater part of three years, he never gives up faith in God. 
Paul holds on to the promise that he was given when this all started;

Acts 23:11 
The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.”

As God has promised Paul, God has promised me. Because of His promises, I know that I will prosper, and that I have a hope and a future;

Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Paul knows these things, and he knows that it is only through his faith in God that he has come this far. That is his testimony, and mine. I know that I have only come this far because I have faith in God. And because of this, He has already started to use me to affect those around me for good. 

Acts 26:22

But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike.

As much as it may never look like it, God is always by your side, preparing you for battle, and fighting it with you. He is always up to something good in our lives, even when we can't see it. That is where faith comes in. We have to trust Him enough to know that He has not left us, and that He will keep his sacred promises with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment