Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bible Study - Acts 20

Read Acts 20

I don't know about you, but when I read first person in the Bible it gives me a different sense of connection. I love that Luke had a heart to write down all of Peters words, but I also love that he puts in his own words and stories. It is a valuable thing to be able to hear a testimony first hand (I know that in the Bible we have translations, and it is written, so it is not perfect, but I get a sense that it's coming right from Luke). It gives the feeling that the stories are more real, because you are hearing them from someone who was there. (All the stories in the Bible are very real, I simply want to put emphasis on the way it comes across) This feeling arouses the question "Well can't God do that with me?" The answer is yes! God is willing to work through your life, you simply have to be willing to do what He tells you to. When you accept that God is willing you will begin to seek Him, and ask for Him to help you through things, and you will want to be welcomed into His home!

Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; 
seek and you will find; 
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives; 
he who seeks finds; 
and to him who knocks the door will be opened."

No comments:

Post a Comment