Friday, May 2, 2014

Bible Study - Matthew 2

Read Matthew 2

God already has a plan for your life. And it's a darn good one, too! Because Joseph trusted God, and listened to him, God's plans for Joseph, Mary, and Jesus' life were fulfilled. 

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" - Jeremiah 29:11

God is not going to tell you anything that will harm you. It may hurt at the time, and you may not understand it, but God is always working for your future.

I have a friend who shared his testimony with me the other day and it goes something like this:

"God gave me a job that payed less than my last one, working once a week, so that I can go to Ecuador and minister this summer. And my wife, her dream is to be a nurse, but God has given her a job in a daycare. Where her co-workers pray for her trip to Ecuador, and offer support. I didn't understand it at first, but now I see that even though I may not be completely comfortable now, He has put me in a position to do what I really want to do; love."

No comments:

Post a Comment