Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Olympic Dream

Two years ago, during the 2012 London Summer Olympics, God told me that I would be there one day. Many a tear was shed as I watched records be broken, and metals being placed around the neck of U.S. athletes. I mostly watched swimming and gymnastics, neither of which are my sport. I really didn't ever watch any of my events, but that doesn't matter. 

At this point in my recovery from my concussion I feel as if I will never get back to my normal self. That I will never really be able to compete again at a high level. On Friday night I was reminded of God's promise as my family and I watched the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. It was a very emotional evening for me, and there were some tears. But I now have hope, a bigger reason to believe that I will again be who I once was.

I know that God has huge things for me in the future, and that gives me something to look forward to as I am training both physically and spiritually.


Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

It is so good to know that this not only applies to my sports life, but also to my life in general. Every season of my life, God will bring me through, and I will be stronger each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment