Monday, September 16, 2013

The Importance of Scripture


Something that I have been learning a lot about lately, is the importance of scripture. When I was younger I thought that it would be enough to just go to church on Sunday and youth group on Wednesday. Then I started wanting to share about my beliefs with unbelievers. I realized that I was not comfortable with my knowledge in the scripture, and was scared that if people would try to ask me more about God, and the Bible, I would not know what to say.

Since then I have been working to further my knowledge in the scriptures, I am still working at this, however, I would be more comfortable sharing my faith now than I would have been then.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
 


Another plus to reading the Bible on a regular basis is that you are spending time with God, reading his word, and just that can powerfully influence the rest of your day tremendously! As well as teaching you God’s promises for your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment